Single Tencel® Duvet Inner (430gsm)
Sleep better on this earth friendly duvet inner made from 100% Tencel® , a eucalyptus natural fibre fill and cover made from renewable plantation grown trees. This high loft duvet inner is perfect for year round comfort.
With free shipping within NZ this delivered price won't be beaten!
This duvet inner will provide more comfort for you while you sleep if any of the following applies:
- Your body temperature fluctuates throughout the night
- You a hot sleeper, sharing with a cold sleeper, or vice versa
- You have dust mite allergies
- You suffer with sensitive skin or skin allergies
- You want the easy-care duvet inner with no odours, that rarely needs cleaning?
- You want an eco-friendly option?
- You support Australasian made?
Dimensions: 140 x 210cm
- Naturally anti-bacterial - asthma and allergy friendly
- Tencel® fibre has 50% more moisture absorbency and dissipation than cotton and can provide a drier, healthier sleep
- Luxurious drape and sensuous feel
- Easy care – machine washable
What is Tencel® and how is it made?
The key ingredient of Tencel® is Eucalyptus bark. Eco-friendly and earth friendly, it can be grown on marginal land without pesticides and chemicals and has a high yield compared to cotton (it needs a tenth of the water cotton does to grow). This product is made from renewable plantation grown trees.
Also known as Lyocell, Tencel® is a regenerated cellulose fiber made from dissolving Eucalyptus wood pulp. Tencel® is created through a process called solvent spinning. The wood pulp is dissolved in N-methylmorpholine N-oxide, creating a solution called "dope," which is then pushed through a spinneret to form the individual fibers. After the dope has been spun into lyocell fibers, the fibers are washed and the chemicals retrieved from the water are purified and recycled. (Kadolph, Sara, and Anna Langford. Textiles:Ninth Edition. Prentice Hall. 2002.) Since there is little waste product, this process is relatively eco-friendly.
Why is Tencel® great for sleep?
Tencel® has excellent moisture absorption and dissipation – up to 50% more effective than cotton, enabling a drier, more comfortable, healthier sleep. It’s also:
- naturally breathable so prevents the formation of bacteria since air moves freely through the fibres
- naturally anti-allergenic – ideal for sensitive skins and allergy sufferers
- has no odour – perfect for those who have are sensitive to aromas
- luxurious to touch with excellent drape
- easy to care for – machine washable /tumble dry