Single Tencel® Fitted Mattress Underlay/Mattress Protector
This 100% Tencel® filled mattress protector is made from a natural Tencel® fibre fill and natural Tencel® cover. It fits snugly around your mattress with a deep fitted skirt (similar to a fitted sheet).
This mattress protector will suit you perfectly if any of the following applies:
- Your body temperature fluctuates throughout the night
- You a hot sleeper, sharing with a cold sleeper, or vice versa
- You have dust mite allergies but don't want chemicals or toxic urethanes in your bedding
- You suffer with sensitive skin or skin allergies
- You want the easy-care mattress protector with no odours, that rarely needs cleaning
- You want an eco-friendly option
- You support Australasian made
Dimensions: 92 x 188cm
Since we can lose up to 1 litre of water every night while we sleep, a highly absorbant mattress protector is a great way to prolong the life of your mattress and keep it clean. An underlay also adds a level of comfort and insulation improving your sleep every night, naturally.
This Tencel® underlay benefits you because it's:
- Naturally anti-bacterial - asthma and allergy friendly
- Tencel® fibre has 50% more moisture absorbency and dissipation than cotton and can provide a drier, healthier sleep
- Luxurious drape and sensuous feel
- Easy care – machine washable
- An earth friendly choice
Care: Machine wash, tumble or line dry
5 year guarantee
Made in Australia
What is Tencel® and how is it made?
The key ingredient of Tencel® is Eucalyptus bark. Eco-friendly and earth friendly, it can be grown on marginal land without pesticides and chemicals and has a high yield compared to cotton (it needs a tenth of the water cotton does to grow). This product is made from renewable plantation grown trees.
Also known as Lyocell, Tencel® is a regenerated cellulose fiber made from dissolving Eucalyptus wood pulp. Tencel® is created through a process called solvent spinning. The wood pulp is dissolved in N-methylmorpholine N-oxide, creating a solution called "dope," which is then pushed through a spinneret to form the individual fibers. After the dope has been spun into lyocell fibers, the fibers are washed and the chemicals retrieved from the water are purified and recycled. (Kadolph, Sara, and Anna Langford. Textiles:Ninth Edition. Prentice Hall. 2002.) Since there is little waste product, this process is relatively eco-friendly.
Why is Tencel® great for sleep?
Tencel® has excellent moisture absorption and dissipation – up to 50% more effective than cotton, enabling a drier, more comfortable, healthier sleep. It’s also:naturally breathable so prevents the formation of bacteria since air moves freely through the fibres
- naturally anti-allergenic – ideal for sensitive skins and allergy sufferers
- has no odour – perfect for those who have are sensitive to aromas
- luxurious to touch with excellent drape
- easy to care for – machine washable /tumble dry